Academpark's technology infrastructure helps tenants resolve side problems related to their projects, such as manufacturing of spare parts, carrying out laboratory tests, publishing user manuals, etc.
At present, a framework of the technology infrastructure of Instrumentation Cluster can be outlined.
It comprises Technology Support Center, contract manufacturing and engineering complex, and a business incubator. The business incubator and contract manufacturing/engineering complex are in the design and pilot stage.
Technology Support Center (TSC)
TSC's main function is to meet the technology needs of innovative instrumentation-engineering companies related to the development and manufacturing of products from prototyping to mass production (up to several thousand items per year).
To support the entire product cycle (design—prototype—tests—production—shipment), TSC provides:
- design and technology services;
- facilities for manufacturing of mechanical components: blanking (water jet and laser cutting / bending), machining (including precise mechanical processing), thermoset casting, electroplating, thermal treatment, welding, etc.;
- support for radio and electrical installation technologies: CHIP / DIP soldering, coiling, and manufacturing of cable products;
- a laboratory to carry out load, physicochemical, climatic, and vibration tests;
- printing, copy center, and packing services.
In terms of organizational structure, TSC is a group of small private companies.
Marketing benefits of the high-tech companies (HTCs) of Technology Support Center:
- The production process and pricing policy are transparent to the client.
- The pricing policy is not contingent on the contract details, including technical specifications.
- After reaching an agreement on the price and term of contract, HTCs will fulfill any orders that are within their technological capacity.
- HTCs do not produce their own products, which could otherwise have a higher priority than those ordered by the client.
- The orders are processed strictly according to the “first come, first served” principle.
- The contract details (price, term, starting date, etc.) are set very quickly.
- HTCs offer services on minimizing the amount of resources the client spends.